[Amps] conclusion - Harris RF103(A)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] conclusion - Harris RF103(A)
From: jtml@lanl.gov (John T. M. Lyles)
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 09:37:48 -0700
Thanks all who commented, I believe that I can safely conclude that I
found a RF103 or 103A made by Harris/RF Communications Div. many
years ago. It isn't very good shape, being in a basement of local
junk yard, where some feral cats have lived.... pew. I opened the
back cover to see inside, expecting a giant rat or something worse to
jump out. However, with my flashlight I could see that it was still
all there. There is a lot of green corrosion on the copper parts, and
it probably got wet sometime ago.

I think I might go over again to day and make an offer for it. Never
know what things go for there, a very funky place that it is. I found
an ancient Thordarson plate transformer there last week also, had a
19P prefix. Everything that I find listed from 1950's on had 20 or
21P for the prefix.

The 103 is wanted to provide plate iron, for the Chippewa KL-1 that I
finally got last week at Odessa Hamfest. Been looking for 2 years for
one. Why? Cause I am tired of triodes, and that muther has lots of
space in it, for modifications for whatever. The KL-1 was already
modified, with a fixed screen supply for the 4-400s and removal of
the clamp tube and string of VR tubes.

I'm happy that this forum provided such fast efficient feedback on
the mystery amp I found. Trying to search for it on the web was
pointless, not having a brand name or tag on it.

73
John
K5PRO