[Amps] RE: Troubleshooting a SB-200

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RE: Troubleshooting a SB-200
From: garyschafer@attbi.com (Gary Schafer)
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 19:36:37 -0500
Hi Steve,

>From what you have said and done so far I would guess that you have some
weak tubes. One seems to be weaker than the other. You should get around
600 watts or so out of the SB200. Plate current should be around 500 ma.

Don't rely too much on the plate voltage reading that you see on your
meter. The divider resistors in there change over time and can throw the
reading off some. They seem in the ball park.

There is an 800 volt transformer in there with a voltage doubler. At
rest that should give you about 2200 volts. Under load around 2000
volts. Those voltages may vary some depending on your line voltage drop.

The amp efficiency runs around 60%. Lower on 10 meters.

73
Gary  K4FMX