[Amps] 4-400A Plate

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4-400A Plate
From: wlfuqu00@uky.edu (Bill Fuqua)
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 08:41:51 -0500
!00 watts drive seems to be quite a lot for a single 4-400A G-G amp.
However, in some amplifiers I have noticed that the plate seems to
get hotter with some drive and cooler with even more drive.
This may be due to changes in efficiency as the drive is increased and
the tube is going from class A up toward  class B operation.

Good luck.
I like to use the 4-250A instead of the 4-400A because they have the
same electrical characteristics but the 250s glow brighter.

73
Bill wa4lav