[Amps] Re: Interesting Plate Choke

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: Interesting Plate Choke
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:44:55 -0600
Yes, interesting. Years ago pi-wound chokes were replaced by solenoid
styles because of the very reason that solenoids did exhibit beneficial,
multi-parallel resonant modes. Operating in the vicinity of their
parallel modes, they are capable of presenting effective Zs in excess of
several meg-ohms to the plate tank. Higher performance plus being more
rugged and simple. I have experimented using both kinds. Have
experienced destruction of the pi choke--loud slamming of the segments
together during one of those mysterious unstable moments (back then I
blamed it on the proverbial cockroach; now I'm unsure due to all the
good info. on this reflector).

TNX/73,   Roy    K6XK/0

"RF Parts in California have a interesting New plate choke that may be
of interest to Amp Builders. The claims for this choke include broaband
coverage 1-60mhz with no resonances. It seems to be well rated at 2 amps
@ 7kv. Anyone run a dipper over this choke have experience with this
miraculous beast?"