[Amps] SB220 T/R relay substitution

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SB220 T/R relay substitution
From: tonyjw@mindspring.com (Tony Wanschura)
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:06:58 -0600
I own a Heath SB220 which I have modified and improved in many ways over =
the years, but I have never dealt with the slow, noisy T/R relay. Does =
anyone have any experience substituting a relay that is quieter and =
faster than the original?  I know about the QSK mods, but I do not want =
to go that route (I just don't like QSK).

Can anyone recommend a suitable relay? I remember hearing somewhere =
about substituting Matsushita Type "S" or "ST" relays. Does anyone know =
anything about these, and where to get them?

Thanks and 73

Tony

multipart/alternative
  text/html