[Amps] Kenwood 922a

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Kenwood 922a
From: 2@vc.net (Rich)
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 02:05:13 -0800
The relay contacts are easily readjusted and burnished.  I recommend
ordinary news-paper for burnishing.  To do this, cut a strip of paper
about a half-inch wide amd pull it betweern the closed contacts 10 or so
times.  The contact arms should be bent so that the contacts wipe a bit
as they touch.  However, the c ontact problem is likely to have been
caused by hotswitching that results when a modern radio is used with a
designed 25-years ago amplifier.  The 922 can be converted to high-speed
R/T/R switching for c. $60 if you know how to solder and follow a
diagram.  //  Hign-speed switching reduces the R/T acoustic noise by
>20db.  We sell a partial parts kit for the mod for $21.
See my Website for a circuit that will do this -- plus an article on
needed (except for those who have a free, lifetime supply of 3-500Zs)
circuit improvement for the 922.