[Amps] Passive grid: How to calculate..... ?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Passive grid: How to calculate..... ?
From: ad5gb@myway.com (ad5gb)
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:52:35 -0500 (EST)
Greetings,

Stupid question of the month......

How do I calculate the driving VOLTAGE requirements of a tube or tubes in a
passive grid configuration in the absense of a datasheet specifiying same?

Example:  I have a datasheet for an 813 that clearly specifies the peak AF/RF
driving voltage requirements for different classes of operation and service,
but the datasheet I have for the 4-400 only shows the DC values required to set
the desired class of operation and element dissipation values, etc.

I'm playing with the design of a 2 X 4-400A passive grid configuration and am
not sure as to the input transformer/swamping resistor arrangement.

I'm also assuming 100V pk for a 100W transciever.  ( someone please correct me
if I'm way out in orbit somewhere!!!   )

Many thanks!

--
Microsoft is NOT the answer
Microsoft is the question and the answer is NO!

Proud to be 100% Microsoft Free

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.