[Amps] SELL: OEM Drake L4B Antenna & PlateTune Air Variables

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] SELL: OEM Drake L4B Antenna & PlateTune Air Variables
From: DF3KV@aol.com (DF3KV@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 19:50:31 EST

> Offering in   absolute mint condition both the plate and antenna tune air
> variable capacitors  removed in perfect condition from the Drake L4B. The
> plate tune capacitor (250pFd approx)  has sufficient spacing for 4KV in
> the event it is to be used in a homebrew deck.  Both components have
> mounting brackets  and 1/4" shafts for ease of installation. The antenna
> tune capacitor is four (4) gang and capable to tuning to 160m. Perfect
> for direct replacement for a pitted or charred component currently in
> your vintage Drake amplifier.  Bargain.  Priced at  $75 +
> shipping/insurance (10 lbs from zip 18426)  for the quality  pair in
> pristine condition.  Ron W2CQM/3

My experience with the modification of my L-4B amp is that the
original tuning capacitor has not sufficient spacing for 4KV anode
voltage with 2x 3-500Z at full load.
The load capacitor has not enough capacity for 160m, there is need
for an addional fixed capacitor to be switched in .

73
Peter

multipart/alternative
  text/html