[Amps] TL-922 crackling noise

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TL-922 crackling noise
From: ludo_deboeck@hotmail.com (Ludo de Boeck)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:35:13 +0000
Hi,

I decided to get rid of my TL-922, which acted as my backup amp for about
1.5 years. Before selling it I just wanted to switch it on again, to see if
the Voltage was still ok (it was not connected to the exiter at that time).
After having enjoyed the sound of a TL922 again for a few seconds, the amp
started to make a crackling , crisping sound. The meter showed that the HV
was kinda fluctuating a bit. Off course we switched off the amp soon after.
Before I tested I removed some dust close to the fan, but after the
'failure' i checked it again , and it seemed that I had indeed forgotten to
clean some parts (the choke next to the tubes for instance). The rest looked
rather dust-free.
We will now clean the entire amp, to make sure there's no dust left before
we start operating it.
Anyone has experienced this before ? Any ideas, comments, are welcome !

Regards,

Ludo

Ontvang je Hotmail & Messenger berichten op je mobiele telefoon met Hotmail
SMS http://www.msn.nl/jumppage/