[Amps] high power zener sources

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] high power zener sources
From: jtml at lanl.gov (John T. M. Lyles)
Date: Wed Jan 29 15:54:26 2003
Two companies come to mind, as sources of higher power (i.e., stud
and other metal package) zener diodes up to 50 Watts. Ever since
Motorola and RCA pulled out of that business, its been harder than
pulling teeth to find good diodes anymore. I have some power supply
models in use which use a stack of fan cooled 200 V 50 watt diodes,
and they are getting scarce.

Diodes Inc (below) seems to have a horrible website which locks up my
Mac, but they are mainly distributing the diodes from some offshore
(off the US shore) manufacturers.
www.diodes.com

Microsemi is an Arizona supplier which seems to be closer to the
original Motorola parts.
www.microsemi.com