[Amps] re: KLV-2000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] re: KLV-2000
From: nospam4me at juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Fri Jan 31 23:41:05 2003
KLV brand amplifiers are Italian made... at least the
ones I've previously seen. H&Y Electronics is a CB
type Dealer reselling them.
-
KLV also makes some solid state and smaller
tube amplifiers.    Their other tube amplifiers use
the EL-509/519 "sweep type" valve.
-
I don't care to get into the moral or legal issues
of the amplifier... they are made overseas and
imported and sold by various re sellers here
(legal or not) and in many other countries.
-
On the technical side, they are modest but
pretty solid...  type accepted Amateur Amplifiers
sold in the past (Dentron, Amp Supply and a
few others) were much worse.
-
The price indicates greed on the re seller's part,
I've seen this and similar amplifiers sold for
much less.  I do not have one...
-
The specs are realistic and don't promise
the moon.  Nothing wrong with a receiver
preamplifier stage included.   The problem
as proven to me many times on 40 & 80 is that
many stations running gas don't hear nearly
as well as they should.
-
cheers
skipp
-
> everybody rush out to get your's today. only 2000 bucks
> for what looks to be an el cheap o dual 572b amp. >>
>http://www.hyelectronics.com/klv2000.htm

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com