[Amps] re Amp Returns

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] re Amp Returns
From: 2 at vc.net (2)
Date: Mon Feb 3 21:14:52 2003

>#2 wrote
>
>>I conducted a telephone survey of computerized Alpha owners and found
>>that roughly 40% of owners had to return theirs for factory repair.
>>Strangely, all tubes that were damaged were replaced gratis -- even if
>>they were out of warranty.
>
>This seems to me to be an awfully high number of returns for any
>reason...for ANY company that manufactures an item!!
>For the tubes to be replaced "out of warranty" suggests a circuit fault.

I agree, Rick.  Dick Ehrhorn of Alpha once told me that he had 150 Eimac
tubes with gold sputtering leakage.  When I mentioned this c. 18-months
later during a discussion regarding parasites on AMPS, he said I was
insane.

-  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734, AG6K,
www.vcnet.com/measures.
end