[Amps] Fwd: Voodoo "EMF' forces from grid current pulses

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Fwd: Voodoo "EMF' forces from grid current pulses
From: MorgusMagnificen at aol.com (MorgusMagnificen@aol.com)
Date: Tue Feb 4 08:46:42 2003
Rich:

       I am not well versed in the details of common transmitting tube
construction. I have much better things to do with my (always limited) time
than sawing apart toasted or otherwise abused power tubes.

       I believe I have presented a generic example of the macro Lorenz force
in practice that can occur between two current carrying conductors. This is
not an opinion - it is the LAW. Now if my model is not realistic, then it
simply does not apply and it is of no value.

       If you believe that 42A DC currents are flowing in ADJACENT PAIRS of
conductors anywhere, anytime within a tube and anywhere near the parameters I
have used in my analysis, then show me( even at 42A the force will be well
under a gram) .

       By the way, if that 42A. (DC) is flowing in the filament-grid circuit,
where is it coming from?

Eric von Valtier  K8LV

P.S. It just occurred to me that if the filament wire is actually a helix
(only a moderately pitched one) the adjacent B field will be much more
solenoidal than axial, which greatly reduces the Lorenz force on the adjacent
current carrying conductor by a great deal - further diminishing the effect
which you propose.