[Amps] Computer modelling

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Computer modelling
From: conrad at g0ruz.net (Conrad G0RUZ)
Date: Tue Feb 11 13:22:31 2003
Ok Eric very fancy words but..............

Let us take a simple spice model, which I am sure you agree comes under the
generic term 'computer modelling'. Forgive me if I'm wrong but the spice
parameters for any device can never be exact. A simple NPN transistor for
example, the data is provided by the manufacturer who builds to a certain
tolerance and verifies the performance data of the device by laboratory
measurement to some arbitrary standard. This data is analysed and presented
as a typical set of performance parameters for that device. It cannot be
exact, so I don't think that there is any problem with semantics at all. It
was not me who originally got pedantic about terminology. I really don't
care how you use the word exact. I think that we have reached a
philosophical impasse.

Regards

Conrad