[Amps] Voodoo Magnetic Fields

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Voodoo Magnetic Fields
From: erkoehl at attbi.com (Koehl_House)
Date: Sun Feb 16 14:21:17 2003
Some high-vacuum observations:
1) Getters do not function well at room temperature. They like to operate at
an elevated temperature.
2) Getters can not 'getter' inert gases such as helium, argon, and neon,
which are left behind when the initial air surge is sucked out of the tube.
Helium will permeate the glass/metal seals, thus adding to the 'inert' gas
load. Hydrogen will also permeate those seals and is probably what is
responsible for eventually depleting the getter material.

Dick K9FFK