[Amps] Grounding Vacuum cap shafts

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Grounding Vacuum cap shafts
From: stevek at jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Mon Feb 17 14:51:25 2003
Normally, the tuning shaft/screw/plunger is at chassis ground, and the fixed
piece of the capacitor is the "hot" side, so I don't see the issue.  Of
course, which is grounded and which is floating is up to the builder, but
the logical method is for the moving part to be ground.  Only exception is
when the cap is used as a series element, so both ends are "hot;" I've seen
this when the vacuum cap is used as a neutralization adjustment in a
high-power transmitter, but it's not common in amateur amps.

WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill