[Amps] Eimac Tube Performance "computer"

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Eimac Tube Performance "computer"
From: Don.Lemley at tellabs.com (Don.Lemley@tellabs.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 10:58:18 2003
As a total newbie to power grid amplifier tubes, (but with 35 years in
EE/RF), I am trying to bootstrap my knowledge base from the ground up.?
Therefore, I am looking for a couple of things.? First, as I have a copy
of ?care and feeding?, I feel the need to find a copy of the
?performance computer? as mentioned in this publication.? Can someone
help with a source for this thing?, or a simple explanation that
eliminates the need?, etc.?? Also, I am looking for what the group
considers the ?required reading? on the subject of vacuum tube
amplification.? I think I have several of the important texts, but
definitely not all.? Any help would be greatly appreciated
? I have
visions of eventually building several medium powered mono-band
amplifiers, but am looking to be able to ?design? them from the ground
up, at least in as much as I want to understand them first.
?
Thanks in advance for any help
?
Don ? W8HRQ