[Amps] lamps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] lamps
From: sentek at sprintmail.com (Floyd Sense)
Date: Sun Feb 23 19:54:33 2003
Unless the AL-811 uses a different meter and bulb than the AL-80B and
AL-800H, Radio Shack does have them.  Here's the info I posted to the group
a couple of weeks ago:

The lamp you need is Radio Shack part number 272-1141, which is a 12V lamp
that draws 25mA.  It's exactly the same size and shape as the original.
After the bulb was  replaced in the plastic holder (be very careful
while soldering the leads), I painted the bulb with a thin coat of white
latex wall paint with an artists brush.  The original bulb was painted
white, and this step is necessary unless you don't mind one meter being much
brighter than the other.  The resulting color and intensity almost exactly
matches the other meter.

If the meter lamps ARE different in the AL-811, RS also has even smaller 12V
lamps and the stores carry them.  The RS stores around here have revamped
their small parts offering, putting everything in drawers.  There doesn't
appear to be any order to how the lamps are stored other than the RS part
number, so you'll have to look carefully through the drawers with the bulbs.

K8AC