[Amps] 4CX800A NOS Tubes..

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4CX800A NOS Tubes..
From: 2 at vc.net (2)
Date: Tue Feb 25 11:04:11 2003
I test unproven tubes with a high-pot before risking them in an
amplifier.  If you find a tube bedeviled with gas, don't expect it to
miraculously getter itself without an exorcism by a duly qualified priest.
--  If the ceramic in your 4cx800s is purple, it's good news because it
means that manganese has been added to the alumina to improve the
silver-solder/ceramic bond and create a better ceramic-metal seal.