[Amps] Tank Circuit (was toroid) model

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tank Circuit (was toroid) model
From: w8ji at contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon Mar 3 14:57:37 2003
I put a model of a tank up for anyone interested in tank Q, phase shift, and
the inductor voltage.

http://www.w8ji.com/tank_circuit.htm

This shows how phase shift is related to Q, and how inductor voltage exceeds
input voltage, and how increasing Q (even with a slightly decreased input
voltage) increase voltages and currents!

I hope this makes the circuit clearer, and show how phase shift across the
inductor is not 90-degrees (except in the case of a minimal Q network of
course, which would behave like a 1/4 wl transmission line).

73 Tom