[Amps] Alpha 99

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 99
From: k4kal at arrl.net (Keith LaBorde - K4KAL)
Date: Wed Mar 5 10:23:36 2003
Hello Tom,

Thanks for the response.  I don't exactly understand it fully,
where you are making a reference to a design flaw, or its one of those
things you have to live with when you ad a Tuner in the configuration.

I am more of an "Appliance User" so I guess I will live with my solution.
I just figured it was "Operator Error"..
It does look like from my explanation I found the problem and resolved
it in my own way or confirmed your findings.

Using a Tuner is my way of keeping peace with my Neighbors.
If I had it my way I would have many antenna's cut for each band and no
tuners.
I own 3 ATR-30's, and when you add that up in $, that's plenty antennas
including
cable and switches.

I have considered getting rid of my Sloper and Tuners and go with one of
those new "Fluid-Motion Verticals" (The Big one.)
where the antenna adjusts to resonance.  I tried the Beam at Dayton they had
out in the Flea Market,
and I was impressed.

Keith, K4KAL