[Amps] Use of Manual T/R Switches

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Use of Manual T/R Switches
From: stevek at jmr.com (Steve Katz)
Date: Thu Mar 6 10:58:44 2003
The knife switch is cool, but I think using ordinary household 120V
wall-installed electric light switches is better.

First, you can use switches installed on opposite walls to provide
considerable isolation, and promote a healthy life by considerable exercise.
T/R time might increase to 10-15 seconds, but whatever the other guy says
for the first 10 seconds or so usually isn't important.

Next, in a contest situation you'll get a great deal of exercise, but all
indoors so weather won't be a factor as it might be with climbing towers.

Then, the house wiring will radiate some, to give you a more evenly
distributed radiation pattern to be enjoyed by other household members and
possibly even neighbors.  I think if you load up all the house wiring, and
the right amount is vertical, and horizontal, you can eventually achieve the
long-sought after "isotropic" radiation pattern.  And they said it couldn't
be done.

-WB2WIK/6

"Success is the ability to go from failure to failure with no loss of
enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill