[Amps] re: MLA 2500

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] re: MLA 2500
From: jhurry at austin.rr.com (Dudley Hurry)
Date: Mon Mar 10 01:03:09 2003
Ron,

There is a filter board that needs to be removed, and the stop for the
bandswitch needs to be moved one position..

I would not remove the swap resistor.  This helps to keep from overdriving
the grids, and if you have ever tried to find replacement 8875s you will
want to protect those tubes as much as you can.   I don't think that they
have been in production for over 20 years.   The 8875 was only made for ham
service, and never accepted in the commerical world.   Electrically the same
as a 8874, but air is blown horizonally instead of vertically..

Thanks and 73's,
Dudley
WA5QPZ
jhurry@austin.rr.com