[Amps] Public Apology

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Public Apology
From: RFlabnotes at aol.com (RFlabnotes@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 11:21:24 2003
To all readers of this list:

       A few days ago I posted a comment about some faulty data in ON4UN's
book. Within 5 minutes of hitting ENTER, I knew that I had done slightly
wrong. I stand by my comments from a factual basis. However, I believe now
that my rhetoric was grossly out of phase with my intent, which is as follows.

       I believe John to be one of the finest hams in the world. He has
achieved well in every endeavor and his publications have been of enormous
value to his fellow hams. Without prying into his personal affairs, I am sure
that his $$$$ return from his publication(s) doesn't even begin to fairly
reward the effort required.

       The book in question, Low Band DXing, is full of valuable information,
especially for newcomers to the 160 and 80M DX world. The mistakes that I
found are significant, within a very specific topic, but in no way did I
intend to allow this to color my opinion of the whole book. I just was
issuing a warning about that one point, and if you are a person who designs
line-stretchers, it is relavent to you.

       I was contacted by John yesterday, and as expected, he was totally
gentlemanly and expressed unqualified receptivity to taking in outside
viewpoints. I explained to him how my original attempts at this were
thwarted, and that I would be willing to give another try.

       John, I am sorry for any malignment I may have (erroneously)caused,
and please keep up the good work!

73
Eric von Valtier K8LV