[Amps] AL-80B questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL-80B questions
From: Wt8r at aol.com (Wt8r@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 18:10:52 2003

> >    Those of you who have been so engrossed in this issue for so long,
> it
> >is probably clear what you intend. But for those of us who are just trying
> >understand the comments and remarks that get posted, we could use, if it
> >exists, the generic model which you (and any others who contribute to the
> >overall signal level) assume

In a message dated 3/11/03 2:49:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
w8ji@contesting.com writes:

> The above has been my point all along.
>  <snip>
>
> The only problem is the constant slandering of everyone and anyone who
> technically disagrees with claims the system is so simple one product fixes
> all, and the destruction of useful knowledge caused by "cooking the facts"
> to sell a specific product. This applies especially to amplifiers, where
> the
> general technical base of people trying to learn has been seriously eroded
> by salesmanship for one particular product.
>
> 73 Tom

Tom,

       It seems to me that you are guilty of exactly what you are accusing
others of doing by making the gratuitous statement that "one product fixes
all".

       I have NEVER heard a claim made that "one product fixes all" and it
would appear ridiculous to make such a statement.  I'm sure VHF Parasitic
Supressors do not cure EVERY situation (there is NO claim that it does),  but
there have been many documented cases where it has cured a problem.

       Making statements such as you made are exactly what the originator of
the subject message is talking about.  Slinging the bull doesn't bring much
integrity to the discussion.

Dave, WT8R