[Amps] EUREKA!!!!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] EUREKA!!!!
From: n1rj at pivot.net (Roger D. Johnson)
Date: Sun Mar 16 12:41:29 2003
 While browsing the web to find instances of CB interference, I
happened upon what I believe to be the Rosetta Stone in my
campaign to rid the country of the Godless CB hordes!

 President Clinton (bless his philandering heart) signed into
law an amendment to the Communications Act of 1934 which reads
as follows:

Section 302 of the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 302a) is
amended by adding at the end the following:
`(f)(1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), a State or local
 government may enact a statute or ordinance that prohibits a
 violation of the following regulations of the Commission under
 this section:
`(A) A regulation that prohibits a use of citizens band radio
 equipment not authorized by the Commission.
`(B) A regulation that prohibits the unauthorized operation of
 citizens band radio equipment on a frequency between 24 MHz and
 35 MHz.

 This amendment does NOT affect licensed uses of the spectrum!

Just think, no more waiting for the FCC to take action! Just drop
a dime and the local police can sieze the illegal CB equipment,
arrest the offender and put his interference causing butt in jail!

 I will immediately start making sure my state has such a law on
the books.

73, Roger