[Amps] PSA2500 Power Supply

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] PSA2500 Power Supply
From: tongaloa at alltel.net (tongaloa)
Date: Mon Mar 17 12:37:46 2003
For the adventersome*, the new Panasonic microwave ovens with "Inverter
Technology" use a switching supply for the HV which is available as a
spare from Panasonic. Last time I looked, the 1500W was $129.00. To
get the part number one has to research the oven models, find the 1500
Watt model, and then visit the spares section of their web site.

There is a short section on boost converters in the Horowitz and Hill, "The
Art of Electronics"

-Bob

*PS is integrated with the appliance controller. Personally, I'd spend the
extra $40 or so for a retail unit in order to have the controller as
well. At
least the first time around. That way if it's not suitable for amp use
you've
still got a new oven.