[Amps] Florida Hams...Check this out

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Florida Hams...Check this out
From: bmaser at tampabay.rr.com (Bob Maser)
Date: Mon Mar 17 19:58:11 2003
Not Amplifier related but worth while looking at.

A friend of mine sent this advisory to me.  If you live in Florida it's
worth acting on.

Bob W6TR

Under a new state law. DMV has the right to sell and distribute your
personal information on file (DOB, SS #, Address, Phone Number, Medical
Disabilities, etc.) with no problem. However, the law also requires that DMV
give individuals the opportunity to block their information (Driver Privacy
Protection Act) from being sold. I went to the DMV web site and noticed my
info was not blocked and available to anyone. It took me 20 seconds to block
it on their web site.

This is only if you have a Florida Driver's license

Go to:  https://www2.hsmv.state.fl.us/dlstatus.html

Once it verifies that your license is valid or not it will let you know
whether or not your license is blocked and it will give you the opportunity
to block it at that time by following the instructions.

Please pass this along to your friends and family in Florida.

For more info go to: www.hsmv.state.fl.us/index.html