[Amps] Problems with 3cx3000 amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Problems with 3cx3000 amp
From: philk5pc at tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Fri Mar 21 19:44:39 2003
> If you are interested in building a resistor-less vhf suppressor that
> other 3cx3000A7 users have had success with, in the interest of
> amplifier-science, I will send you the materials gratis.

Sage advise....
This tube requires a suppressor. (inductance only, no resistor needed)
Rich's price is right, or you can order a suppressor from Henry Radio
that is used on the 8-K Ultra. If you are trying for operation above 15 meters,
you will need a non-metallic chimney and a low C socket; also available
from Henry. The coaxial type filament choke used on 13.56 mhz RF generators
will not work on the low bands without modification. You need 8000-10000 pf
bypass capacitor at the base of your plate choke for operation on the low bands.
You need a tuned input on each band of interest.

We also need to know the model B&W coil you are trying to use, and your
target anode current so calculations can be made.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC