[Amps] Pi-Network Values

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Pi-Network Values
From: bmaser at tampabay.rr.com (Bob Maser)
Date: Sun Mar 23 10:28:09 2003
I need some help in determining what the values should be for the Pi-Network
of my new 3CX3000A7 amp.  Under load I am seeing 5000V and since I am drive
starved, it looks like the tube is drawing 900 - 1000 ma.  According to my
calculations, the PLI is 2800 to 3000, which is higher than the ARRL
Handbook goes. I am using a Johnson 226-3 roller inductor which , all by
itself has a maximum inductance of 11 uH.  C1 and C2 are 500 and 2000. Can
anyone tell me what the values should be?  BTW, I have received some initial
reports of splattering.  So far I have only tried this amp on 75M.  I plan
on using it mainly on 20,40 and 75.

Thanks,
Bob  W6TR