[Amps] 833A in linear for SSB

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 833A in linear for SSB
From: millenniumfalcon at cableone.net (Jim Isbell)
Date: Sun Mar 23 13:32:18 2003
I am new to the list so maybe this is a subject that has been heavily
covered, if so please direct me to the resources.

I am trying to come up with a project to interest my grandson in ham
radio so that I will have someone to leave my S-Line to when I am gone.
 It will take something pretty "cool", to use his words, to impress him.
 I think a big linear amp for the S-Line would be a relatively easy
project (at least in complication of circuitry) and if I use some bog
old tubes it will have the "cool" aspect.

I have an 833A that I would like to make into a Kw linear amplifier.
Probably a grounded grid circuit to make it as simple as possible.

Does anyone have any sources for schematics for such an amplifier?

I am not stuck on the 833A however and have been looking at a 4-1000A
(for which there are MANY schematics) or a bank of 5@ 813's lying on
their sides in an S-Line type cabinet. I am open to any suggestions,
projects for sale, projects to resurrect, etc.  But the main criteria is
"Cool", not "efficient"

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and considered.