[Amps] candles

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] candles
From: jtml at lanl.gov (John T. M. Lyles)
Date: Thu Mar 27 12:54:38 2003
I learned last summer in France that the Thomson (now Thales) company
calls them candles, in French. They had two 47 Ohm Resistors sticking
up in the HV compartment of this Th628 test set, to dampen out some
standing waves with RF potentials popping up in bad places (on a
water hose).

Once I heard that RCA or Collins used to put something like this into
big FM b'dcast amplifier cavities.

John
K5PRO