[Amps] Analyse transmission lines - even on a Sony Playstation

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Analyse transmission lines - even on a Sony Playstation
From: drkirkby at ntlworld.com (Dr. David Kirkby)
Date: Sun Mar 30 18:34:51 2003
I just discovered today that an old version of the Arbitrary
Transmission Line Calculator (atlc) software I wrote, available free
from:
http://atlc.sourceforge.net/
can be run on a Sony PlayStation 2! So if anyone is bored of their
games, you can use your PlayStation 2 for something more productive.
You can download a pre-compiled PlayStation 2 binary, along with
binaries for at least 20 other types of computers that run NetBSD UNIX
from:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/cad/atlc/README.html

More seriously, the software, which is primarily for UNIX and
UNIX-like operating systems (including Linux), can be found at
http://atlc.sourceforge.net/
A new version - 4.2.11 was realeased earlier today, with a few bug
fixes and some very early support for distributed processing.

A somewhat older Windoze version can be found at
http://atlc.sourceforge.net/
too, although this is a command line driven program, with no graphical
user interface. I really can't be bothered updating the Windoze
binary.

PS, for anyone else, that like myself does not like Windoze, what do
you think of this animation on my web site?
http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~davek/
--
Dr. David Kirkby,
Senior Research Fellow,