[Amps] Re:

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re:
From: no9z at soltec.net (Lynn)
Date: Thu Apr 10 16:03:44 2003
The problem with the power supply occurs with   a power output of
around 500 watts.... i.e. less than 600 ma total current ( its a big tube
with about 20 watts drive)  3cpx5000.

I am using a full wave rectifier with a center tapped  secondary.  50 uf
of
capacitance.   The power supply can provide the current and voltage if it
is turned up slowly.    The issue here is the instant current draw from
the cw signal.

thanks
Lynn   NO9Z