[Amps] 4-1000A Transmitting tube

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 4-1000A Transmitting tube
From: wc6w at juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Sat Apr 12 19:19:53 2003

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003 14:04:59 -0500 Jim Isbell
<millenniumfalcon@cableone.net> writes:
> I just acquired a 4-1000A and am wondering about its history.  It
> came in an Eimac carton and looks like it is unused as there is NO
> discoloration of the glass and the plates are a light gray in color.
>
>  But it is marked on the envelope as being made by Raytheon.  Did
> Raytheon make tubes for Eimac???

Hi Jim,
   In that time period (mid-60's), Raytheon owned Penta Labs (aka
Machlett) so, they would have been able to make some tubes under their
own name.

> Other markings on the tube include a JAN-CBZC-8166 / 4-1000A and
> what may be date codes 65 25
>
> Inside the tube  on the lower support structure are the numbers  523
> 557
>
> Can anything be inferred from these numbers?

   The Eimac tubes I've seen include a letter as part of the lot prefix.
Another vote for Raytheon.

73 & Good afternoon,
   Marv  WC6W

*