[Amps] Changes to this Reflector

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Changes to this Reflector
From: w4an at contesting.com (Bill Fisher, W4AN)
Date: Thu Apr 17 10:26:28 2003
Hello Ampoids,

I've decided to make some changes to this reflector based on feedback I've
received from some of the membership as well as the list admin K6ND.  So here
is the deal...

This list is now in 100% moderation mode.

What does 100% moderation mean?

Well, it means that any message you send to this reflector will be reviewed by
someone before it is approved and shows up for the list at large to read.

Who does the moderation?

Several people have signed up to help do the moderating.  Who that will be,
will depend on a lot of different things.

What doesn't make it through to the list?
  a.. Personal attacks.  If you disagree with someone's opinion on this list,
you should be able to do so without insults.

  b.. Off subject posts.

  c.. Personal mail - Thanking someone or the group for help should be done in
personal mail and not sent to the entire list.  When responding to a question
posted to the list, your reply should be of benefit to the list as a whole.  If
the response is of benefit to only the person asking the question, then respond
to only that person.

  d.. Meta-discussion about the Amps mailing list. These should be conducted in
private with the list owner.
73

Bill Fisher - W4AN