[Amps] HV Plate Transformer

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] HV Plate Transformer
From: Chuck_Partain at maxtor.com (Partain, Chuck)
Date: Fri May 2 08:30:59 2003
I just had a plate transformer manufactured at MAGCAP engineering in Canton,
MA.
A picture of it is on www.geocities.com/chuckwsh
<http://www.geocities.com/chuckwsh>

check it out, its 48# and dimensions are appx 8"h x 10" d  x 8 w ( i forget
EXACT measurements)
and the ratings are as follows...

2700v @ 1.5 amp.  Acording to RL's pages, the secondary measures 67 ohms.

looks ike 1.33@ is the number.

280$ brand new 5 days to make!  they have a web page someplace look up
magcap engineering..

I used to use them for other things liek HV caps and chokes 20 years ago
when I was at raytheon.

better for me than PW dahl. they also use a hypersil core.

I am in NO way affiliated with this company or back thier products. this is
an FYI for decent magnetics.

(got tired of looking on ebay and didn't wannapay dahl 350$+)

Chuck Partain
maXtor Corp
333 South Street
Shrewsbury, MA 01545