[Amps] Protecting the tubes!

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Protecting the tubes!
From: 2 at vc.net (2)
Date: Sun May 11 09:14:29 2003

>Thanks Rich
>
>There is indeed a termination resistor - before the blocking cap there is a
>.22uH coil to a 56 ohm resistor to ground.  The input is quite flat from 160
>through 10M according to my analyzer.
>
>So... does that load protect the tubes & nullify the need to interlock
>application of RF drive?

**  the 8122s' 2w control grids should be able to do without an
interlock.  How are the 8w screen grids protected from excessive current
caused by too-light loading, from reverse screen current, and from loss
of anode-V?

-  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734, AG6K,
www.vcnet.com/measures.
end