[Amps] the Dayton report

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] the Dayton report
From: nospam4me at juno.com (skipp isaham)
Date: Tue May 20 08:49:09 2003
-
The Italian made amp was a 4cx3000 layout, pretty
well made but no power supply shown. The Italian
builder (ham) was nice enough to talk with us
about it and show Dave and I pictures of his
multi band mobile operation.  My only problem
with the display amplifier was the unplated
copper tank coils which had already started to
turn dark. Otherwise very sweet...
-
A solid state 2.4kw rated unit using ST devices
just down the way. Quite the animal, 8 modules
of 2 device strips and some massive toroid
transformers within a 3 foot high 19 in rack cab.
-
Round the corner was the Bulgarian Amp mfgr with a
nice row of products... thought it was Emtron but maybe
a company with a similar name.  Alpha was there, their
nice HF unit in operation and open cabinet views of
their six meter product.
-
Ten Tec had a nice amplifier display, both old and
new products.
-
Overall, the attendance was about 70 to 80% of
previous peak year attendance.  Had a great
time, hope to make it again next year.
cheers
skipp
-