[Amps] Transformer secondary winding resistance

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Transformer secondary winding resistance
From: Chuck_Partain at maxtor.com (Partain, Chuck)
Date: Wed May 21 09:14:40 2003
Can someone tell me what's the issue with secondary winding resistance
in a plate transformer? I heard the ones Dahl makes are very low, someone
wrote
me once and mentioned .6 ohms?? for a 5kv output. its either a really big
transformer
or there was a mistake????

My magcap is 68 ohms, someone mentioned this was too high. According to
Rich's
web site it makes 1.33a Continuous at 2700+ volts..which is OK for me.

just curious. I did some poking on the reflector but I think this was
brought up way back and
didn't see it.

thanks-

KA1MWP