[Amps] Re: 160M efficiency

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: 160M efficiency
From: peter.chadwick at Zarlink.Com (peter.chadwick@Zarlink.Com)
Date: Mon Jun 2 08:07:43 2003
So how did we get reasonable efficiency in plate modulated 160m PA stages,
where we couldn't use a value as big as .01 uf to bypass the end of plate
feed RF choke without serious effects on the modulation? Or was it that
generally speaking, 160m AM tx's didn't cover so much of the HF spectrum,
and were able to use much bigger plate chokes (1 or 2millihenry)?

I seem to remember a number of professional tx's in those days that used
push-pull RF stages, and so the problem would be a lot less. STill, not all
of them did so.

73

Peter G3RZP