[Amps] Sb-200 plate current (again)

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Sb-200 plate current (again)
From: wb8jkr at juno.com (wb8jkr@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 08:16:03 2003
  Max PLATE current for a 572-B is 275 ma. per tube, maximum
grid current is 50 ma. per tube. In a properly operating SB-200 you'll
see 500 ma plate current keydown, about 85-100 ma grid current and
2000 volts HV at about 600-650 watts output 80-15 meters and about
450-500 watts out on 10 meters with about 80-90 watts of drive.
 The zero signal plate idle current should be about 80 - 100 ma.
 A good thing to do with these amps is to make sure the 200 pf
grid bypass caps have the SHORTEST possible lead lengths even if you
have to rearrange the ground lugs. I would also place a pair of
cross-connected
silicon diodes acrossed the meter movement. Very SLIGHTLY bending the
N.O.
output contact on the T-R relay up will ensure that the output contact
"makes" before
the input contact thus preventing hot switching the output contacts.

Mark  WB8JKR

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!