[Amps] THANKS: transformer rating

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] THANKS: transformer rating
From: kenw2dtc at comcast.net (kenw2dtc)
Date: Wed Jun 18 08:13:06 2003
Many thanks to all who replied to my question:  "I have a 9 volt 50 amp
transformer.  If I bring down the primary voltage properly to get 7.5 volts,
can I still draw the 50 amps without problems?"

It is reasuring to get positive feedback on a project.  There are guys out
here who have tons of experience and I wanted to insure that my idea would
not have a negative consequence.

I also got some good ideas on how to manage the primary of the transformer
as well.

Thanks and 73,

Ken W2DTC