[Amps] Dummy Loads & Carborundum Resistors QRO

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Dummy Loads & Carborundum Resistors QRO
From: w8ron at stratos.net (Ron)
Date: Fri Jun 27 08:16:49 2003
The outer shell over the Cantenna resistor is used to maintain the
impedance so you will need to make another shell with the proper
diameter.  THere are formulas available to calculate the required diameter.

The Cantenna resistor is 200 W in open air.  When you stick it in a can
and in a shell , it is not able to rid itself of the heat.  Add oil and
things get better where the oil will transport the heat to the sides of
the can and also the oil can accept some heat for a limited time.  THe
oil but mostly the  air in the can expand so a vent is a good idea.

You have the makings for a nice load.
---
Ron