[Amps] Drake L-4PS Power Supply

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Drake L-4PS Power Supply
From: qrzcats at excite.com (Dennis)
Date: Thu Jul 3 09:09:42 2003
While using my Drake L-4B Amp the other night I detected an electrical
burning odor coming out of the power supply.  Amp was idling at the time
and just before I shut it down the Plate Voltage Meter was moving back
and forth from about 1000 to 2500 volts.  Resting plate voltage is 2750
volts in SSB position and I am convinced the problem is in the power
supply and not the amp itself.

The Drake is wired to 240 volts and I don't have a schematic diagram of
the supply.

Any clues or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis