[Amps] swan 1200x mod

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] swan 1200x mod
From: w6nq at rfparts.com (W6NQ)
Date: Fri Jul 11 09:00:27 2003
The 6KD6 is about 80-90% capability of the 8950, do derate power
accordingly.
It uses 6V filament vs. the 12V 8950, so just wire two pairs of 6KD6
filaments in series.
The "series-parallel" combination goes to the 12V filament bus.
Squeeze the anode connection to fit the smaller anode connection and you are
in business.
The 6LF6 can be used in the same way.  The 8950 by GE was the 12V equivalent
of 6LF6 originally built for Palomar Electronics, Swan, etc.
73,  Merit W6NQ