[Amps] Black interior tube amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Black interior tube amp
From: 2 at vc.net (2)
Date: Wed Jul 23 09:15:52 2003
>I recently read an article that said to make the area around a glass tube
>amplifier black to absorb radiant heat instead of reflect it.  I own a
>Henry 2K Classic X and am asking if anyone has done this, is familiar with
>it, or if it helps at all.  Is this snake oil theory?
>KB0GU Gene Bigham

**  To find out for yourself, place a black cast-iron frypan and an
aluminum frypan side by side in the sun,  Wait 10 minutes and touch each.
 The material that aborbs and gives up radiant heat the best will be the
hotter.

**  The Kenwood TL-922 incorporates a radiant-heat absorbent interior.

Rich, AG6K, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org / new e-mail adr r@somis.org