[Amps] need some stuff

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] need some stuff
From: millenniumfalcon at cableone.net (Jim Isbell)
Date: Wed Jul 23 09:16:00 2003
I am still finishing up the final gathering of "stuff" for my 4-1000A
amplifier and I still need a couple of items.  Any help in finding them
would be greatly appreciated.

1.)  I am trying to match the meters on the amp to the meters on the
S-Line it will be sitting alongside.  The S-Line has Simpson 2.375"
square meters.  I have managed to find the grid current, plate current
and plate voltage meters in the Simpson 2.375" square style.  But the
300 to 500ma RF meter, I need, I have only found in a Weston type 507
which is a round meter.  The weston 506 is a square meter very similar
to the Simpson, so close that most people wouldn't even know the
difference.  If I can find a 506...no mater what the movement is, even a
non working meter...I can swap in my 500ma RF movement from the 507 and
that will work.  Or of course, the best would be a Simpson 300 to 500 MA
RF meter in a 2.375" case.

This one will be a hard one, but it will be worth it to have it look
right in the shack

2.) I still need a 4KV power supply or a 4KV schematic.  I have all the
diodes and capacitors I need but still dont have a transformer.  I am
prepared to wind my own transformer to save money and have several nice
massive transformers that I can strip and rewind.  OR, I can buy a used
(I looked at the price of a new one) power supply capable of 4KV at 1
amp or there abouts.

3.) I need a chassis for the amp.  I am getting ready to bend my own and
am building a box brake to do that but could save a bunch of time if I
could find a used chassis that was close to the size I need that I could
modify.  I need a chassis that is 4" deep (tolerance plus or minus 1/8")
 X  14 inches wide (tolerance plus 0" minus 1") X 115/8" (tolerance plus
2" minus 0") Holes are not a problem unless they are massive and many.
 If it has a cover, all the better since I will be pressurizing it for
the tube cooling system.

4.) I need a winged Collins emblem to put at the top of the front panel.

Any suggestions on sources would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, many thanks to those of you who have helped me find all the other
stuff I have accumulated.  So far this amp is going quite well and with
the few final items I will be able to begin the project much sooner than
I had anticipated.  Thanks everyone.