[Amps] Power combiners

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Power combiners
From: k5uj at hotmail.com (Rob Atkinson, K5UJ)
Date: Tue Jul 29 13:29:55 2003
By coincidence just a few days ago I was thinking the same thing (in the
abstract--I'm not really going to try this) but about the SGC smartcubes;
not the SB220.  I thought that two of them feeding a combiner would make a 1
kw ss amp for less than the PW1 or Quadra but the combiner expense is the
big iffy part, not to mention the p.s. if you aren't set up for that
already.  Probably when all said and done, it would be better, easier and
cost the same to get a PW1 unless you have the p.s. and don't mind feeding
two antennas.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ