[Amps] Powering 400w mobile amplifier...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Powering 400w mobile amplifier...
From: windev at inetmarket.com (Gerry Hull)
Date: Thu Jul 31 07:55:13 2003
Hi Guys,

Great info coming forth... thanks!

I will be using the amplifier in SSB/CW service, and also
some WSJT (PSK), which is essentially full-key-down to the amplifier.
So their will be up to 1 min. of carrier time...   I am going to
be driving the 1454 with 50w, so it will probably  put out
300-350w.

In my upcoming trip in a few weeks, I'll be using it fixed-mobile,
with a 10' mast and 13B3 13-el 2m yagi.  So, no issues there.

I really don't think I need a 400w amp to run 2m reapeaters, and
I don't believe my whip would sustain the power.

BTW,  I'll be running WSJT/SSB/CW from FN76, FN77, FN86 and FN87 during
the upcoming Persieds shower (prob. Aug 12/13).

73,

Gerry, W1VE (VY2CDX on PEI)